Starting Your Project
Considering a new playground or simply improving a playground that already exists? This can seem like a daunting and intimidating task.
We want to make planning your project easier to help you get from where you are now to where you want to be – guiding you through these five steps of the process and providing some helpful resources along the way! And, of course, we are always available to answer questions specific to your project.
Be sure to check out our photo gallery of before and after shots at the bottom of this page!
Let’s Get Started!
Ask yourself and other key stakeholders questions such as:
- What is your budget? Will you be purchasing everything you need all at once or will you need to purchase in phases?
- How many children and what ages do you need to accommodate? How many may be playing at any one time?
- Will there be children or even teens or adults with specific needs?
- What is your time frame for purchasing and installing the playground equipment?
- What is the size of your play space?
- What natural or man-made elements need to be accommodated?
- Are there existing paths or do ones need to be created?
- What weather elements need to be addressed – wind, precipitation, afternoon sun?
- Will the slope and soil conditions allow for proper drainage? Is the surface relatively flat with enough slope to eliminate standing water?
Areas that hold water can increase your maintenance costs of surfacing material and limit the amount of days kids can play on the playground.Questions? Contact MaxPlayFit!
Choose the “Right Play Equipment for the Right Reasons.”
- Do you have a unique color scheme or theme?
- Will it be a nature, adventure, fitness, inclusive or more traditional playground?
- What types of play do you need?
- Do you need free-standing play elements?
- How many challenges do you want to include?
- What inclusive elements are needed, such as ramps, transfter points, sensory play, music?
- Do you need additional amenities, such as shade, benches or waste receptacles?
Want to know more about playground planning & designing? Are you planning for an age-appropriate playground?Use our MaxPlayFit brochure for a little inspiration! Look at our Featured Projects for more inspiration!
Whether you choose to have MaxPlayFit provide the professional installation or build a sense of ownership by using a community build process, this is where your playground comes to life!
Conduct inspections on a regular basis, checking for excessive wear, deterioration and potential hazards on play equipment.
- Worn, loose, damaged or missing parts, such as loose bolts and missing end caps
- Broken or missing components on equipment, such as handrails, guardrails, protective barriers, steps or rungs
- Sharp points, edges or unsafe protrusions
- Deteriorated wood, splitting or splintering
- Rusted or corroded metals
Use our more comprehensive Maintenance Checklist for Playgrounds. Many injuries can be prevented simply by using proper precautions.Most Common Playground Hazards
MaxPlayFit makes it easy for you.
We can help with all phases of your project, including:
Playground Before & After Gallery
(Click each photo to enlarge.)